Sunday, April 09, 2006

Positions at The Crimson White

I just wanted to use this Web log as a forum to try and recruit more people to participate at The Crimson White.

I am extending the deadline for applications for our reporter positions until this Thursday at midnight. I will be conducting interviews this upcoming Friday, April 14 for those positions.

I am also looking for more people to apply for featured column positions at the paper. Basically, the only criteria that I place on this position is that you be able to produce one column each week. (Well, you do need to include samples of writing with your application There will be applications for this position available Monday morning on the second floor of the Office of Student Media.

Be sure to sign up for an interview time on the bulletin board.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sean Hoade said...

Hi Marlin-- I have left a comment on the "Crotchman" site saying this same thing, but I thought the cartoon *wasn't* going to be published at the time I sent them the cartoon. But the CW did publish it, and I commend you on being a good sport. I hope you know that I hold nothing personal against you, and the cartoon was both a comment on fears us lefties have about your editorship (which I know you are conscious of and will edit the paper for everyone's benefit) and also a comment on the SGA's resolution wanting a more conservative slant to the paper. We've met before, and I think you're a very nice person, and everyone I talk to has defended you as the same. So good luck as editor -- I've had my little joke, and now support you as the top man.
-- Sean

9:06 AM  
Blogger Meggs said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Meggs said...

Hey man, can I be your guest columnist from Pulaski, Tenn.? Also, I just wanted to say that I'm glad Sean sent you a message. I saw the cartoon online and it was actually printed in the issue I picked up when I was on campus over the weekend. If I'd had your number I would have called to see if you'd want to meet and catch up for a bit. Take care and good luck getting your staff in place!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home